Running into an Ex

A while back during the Garth Brooks days of country music (which as you know he is now returning to it) there was a song “Unanswered Prayers.” In this song he referred to praying that a relationship would last. However, the prayer, as he thought, was not effective and he and the girl split. Later, in the song, he was married and ran into the old flame in which he had prayed for a lasting relationship. Thinking about his wife and family he then realized that his prayers did come true and that the first relationship was not meant to … Continue reading

Do Men Treat Their Second Wives Better Than Their First?

I worked with a lady that once told me something that I had never really thought about until she mentioned it. Now it seems that I look into it much more carefully. She had been divorced and her previous husband was engaged to be married again. She was dating a man that had also been previously married. His wife had passed away from illness. One day she commented on how men always treat their second wife better than they did their first. Her current boyfriend was married to one of her friends. After her friend passed away the two of … Continue reading

Is the Second Divorce Easier Than the First?

There are many difficult things that we do in life that seemingly get easier each time that we do them. For example public speaking is usually a difficult and trying task the first time that it is done. However after several months of being in the public’s eye the speaking usually gets easier. In some cases, all it takes is proving to ourselves that we can do it and survive. After that some of the fear is taken out of the equation. I wonder if divorce is the same way? I have never been divorced. I have some friends that … Continue reading

I Don’t Think I’d Be Good at Divorce

Thankfully I have only been married one time and hopefully will only ever be married one time. However, strangely, divorced and remarried people intrigue me, especially if children are involved. I see many different couples living in different divorced situations. I know divorced couples that have no contact with one another as if the other person just vanished. I cannot imagine having the intimacy and closeness that I share with my husband and then just all of a sudden not seeing him again. Of course in these marriages, I suppose the closeness stopped well before the divorce. I then know … Continue reading

Do You Tell Your Husband When Another Man Hits on You?

Every now and then when we are out on a night with the girls, at work, or even simply out shopping, and we run into someone who finds us attractive. Whether it is the absence of a ring, the hint that you may be available, or just the lack of caring if we are single or not, we get hit on. Another man flirts with us or makes a comment that applies that he is interested in us. How do you handle it? How many of you rush home with the guilt of being looked at by another man and … Continue reading

Should You Keep Items from an Ex?

Through our dating years we collect all types of things from our mates. You may have love letters, gifts, movie tickets, cards, and more. These types of things are often saved as memorabilia from your relationship. So what happens to all of those things after your relationship is over and you marry someone else? Sometimes those things are kept. Often times they are thrown away. Should you keep items from your ex relationships after you are married? I think that it greatly depends on the nature of what you are keeping and how your spouse feels about the ex boyfriend … Continue reading